At least 7 years of practical backend web development experience is required.
- Lead the technical delivery of our software sprints to complete them on time with high first time acceptance rates
- Architectural Direction: review task planning, advise on changes, plan largest tasks in the sprint and research architecture decisions
- Scale and optimize databases for large data throughput and design aggregation pipelines for high data accuracy
- Approve and audit merge requests and submitted code
- Set and maintain coding standards
- Risk Management: Identify the most critical risk factors related to the software and develop plans to mitigate them
- Code Quality Assurance: review, troubleshoot and advise developers on changes related to merge requests and submitted code
- Coach, guide and assist other engineers in developing first-class software and master their craft by designing and implementing training plans
- Research and advise on software development best practices, architecture options and new technologies to invest in
- Code and solve the largest software challenges with the team
- DevOps: heavily use AWS to provide the simplest, most cost-effective, scalable solutions for our growing products
- Analyze bugs and ensure they are solved in a timely and successful manner
Required skills and experience
- At least 7 years working with backend technologies and building large-scale systems
- Proven experience in the ability to mentor and develop leadership and teams.
- Proven managerial skills with at least 3 years of experience managing teams of at least 5 individual contributors.
- Software architecture and design skills to guide the development of solutions that are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- At least 1 year of experience in releasing software products within a CI/CD environment
- At least 1 year experience working with cloud services (e.g., AWS / Google Cloud)
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard best practices, development lifecycle processes and methodologies.
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Thorough understanding of quality management, testing frameworks and TDD methodologies.
- Skills in manual and automated unit testing of data-driven back-end applications with high transaction throughput
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, high productivity environment
- Proven experience and expertise in delivering high quality enterprise applications
- Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with microservices architecture and Docker
- Experience with Middleware (ESB, Event Streaming, Message Queuing)
Candidates need to be familiar with
- Linux command-line
- CI/CD pipelines
- Automated testing
- Code Modularization
- Code Modularisation
- Microservices architecture
The Garment IO Values
It is very important Garment IO team members believe and commit to practicing the following values:
- Continuous Improvement: We thrive to always improve. We put effort in understanding how we can get better then put the work to grow as a people and company every day.
- Ownership & Accountability: I own my task, my process and my responsibility. I transfer ownership with faith and belief in my team’s capacity to execute splendidly.
- Resilience: We welcome and celebrate adversity. It is part of our fabric. We help each other rise above it every time.
- Empathy: We practice understanding our stakeholders’ journeys to make sure we contribute positively to them.
- Value Creation: Our clients are our partners. We are genuinely interested in their long-term success. Everything we do is designed to create real sustainable value to our clients.
- Employee Stock Options from contract day 1 (after probation period)
- Premium medical insurance
- Social insurance
- Transportation allowance
- Education allowance
- Access to the Garment IO Subject Matter Expert network for coaching and mentoring
- Flexible hours
- Exposure to a booming startup in a fast-paced environment and interesting challenges
- Collaboration with a dynamic, ambitious and disciplined team
- Growth with compelling needs and requirements
- Maximum exposure to a booming startup environment
Key Performance Indicators (First Year)
- First Time Acceptance Rate > 80%
- Estimate Deviation < 20%
- 100% of goals for training plans are met
- Number of reported production bugs per day < 2
- System downtime incidents < 2
District 10, Sheikh Zayed
Who we’re looking for
An ambitious, excited, resourceful leader with a passion to code a difference. An avid learner who’s not afraid to dive head first. A passionate problem-solver who can get the job done with a team.
|Job Category||Software Development|