Previous open-source web development experience required.
Note: job location is between Dokki and Smart Village at the moment. We are moving to Sheikh Zayed by mid-year.
- Research, advise and monitor progress of web development team on technical tasks
- Research and advise on software development best practices
- Assess technical debt and advise on resolutions
- Lead team in completing development tasks on time with needed quality
- Responsible for technical deliverables to CTO
- Develop new features and enhancing existing ones in the Garment IO web application using PHP Laravel, NodeJS, MongoDB, jQuery and ReactJS. (In that order of importance)
- Unit, integration and use case testing of features and user stories.
- Troubleshooting major issues and resolving them in a sustainable manner.
Required skills and experience
- Experience with Object Oriented, open source programming
- Ability and persistence to lead a team working on large tasks
- Ability to lead a team of diverse individuals
- Professionalism in meeting deadlines
- Strong time management capabilities
- Effective communication
- Strong dedication and commitment to the team and the work being done
- PHP Laravel
- Embedded Systems
- Exposure to a booming startup in a fast-paced environment and interesting challenges
- Leadership opportunity to a diverse team
- Collaboration with dynamic, ambitious and disciplined management
- Growth with compelling needs and requirements
- Maximum exposure to a booming startup environment
Key Performance Indicators
- Total task complexity completed per day
- Bugs reported and resolved per day
- User story points completed per 2-week sprint
- Constant reporting and follow up
- Quality and efficiency of code
Who we’re looking for
An ambitious, excited, resourceful leader with a passion to code a difference. An avid learner who’s not afraid to dive head first. A passionate problem-solver who can get the job done with a team.
|Job Category||Software Development|
|Minimum Degree||Bsc. in computer science or related discipline|