Previous open-source web development experience preferred.
Note: job location is between Dokki and Smart Village at the moment. We are moving somewhere around Sheikh Zayed by mid-year.
- Developing new features and enhancing existing ones in the Garment IO web application using PHP Laravel, NodeJS, MongoDB, jQuery and ReactJS. (In that order of importance)
- Unit, integration and use case testing of features and user stories.
- Performance optimization and documentation of our codebase.
- Troubleshooting issues and resolving them in a sustainable manner.
Required skills and experience
- Familiarity with Object Oriented, open source programming
- Ability and persistence to work alone on large tasks
- Professionalism in meeting deadlines
- Strong time management capabilities
- Effective communication
- PHP Laravel
- Exposure to a booming startup in a fast-paced environment and interesting challenges
- Learning state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies
- Collaboration with a dynamic, ambitious and disciplined team
- Growth with compelling needs and requirements
- Maximum exposure to a software developing environment
- Experience through the software development cycle from requirements analysis to delivery
Key Performance Indicators
- Total task complexity completed per day
- Constant reporting and follow up
- Quality and efficiency of code
Who we’re looking for
An ambitious, excited, resourceful candidate with a passion to code a difference. An avid learner who’s not afraid to dive head first. A passionate problem-solver who can get the job done independently.