Design and adapt our custom hardware.
Note: job location is between Dokki and Smart Village at the moment. We are moving to Sheikh Zayed by mid-year.
- Deeply analyze the design requirements including functionality and design constraints
- Develop the conceptual design
- Develop the schematic architecture of the electronic circuits
- Simulate performance of the designed architecture using simulation tools
- Validate the design using development kits
- Finalize the electrical design after validation
- Discuss the mechanical design constraints with the mechanical design engineer
- Design the PCB details taking the mechanical design into consideration
- Produce sample PCBs to test the performance
- Generate electrical design release for manufacturing
- Assess the technical offers from the different suppliers
- Supervise the manufacturing of the HW components with the 3rd party suppliers
- Document the device design according to the international standards
- Prepare the technical documentation for the intellectual property registration
Required skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of analog and digital PCB design
- Experience with ARM processors development
- Experience with ESP8266 Module development
- Familiar with electronic design toolkit
- Ability to travel as required
- Exposure to a booming startup in a fast-paced environment and interesting challenges
- Learning state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies
- Collaboration with a dynamic, ambitious and disciplined team
- Growth with compelling needs and requirements
- Maximum exposure to a software developing environment
- Experience through the software development cycle from requirements analysis to delivery
Key Performance Indicators
- Total task complexity completed per day
- Constant reporting and follow up
- Quality and efficiency of the designed product
Who we’re looking for
- An ambitious, excited, resourceful candidate with a passion to design and creation.
- An avid learner who’s not afraid to dive head first.
- A passionate problem-solver who can get the job done independently.
|Job Category||Hardware Design|
|Minimum Degree||Bsc. in Electronics Engineering or similar|